Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And Thus it Begins










How lame of me to say, this is my very first time posting a blog....ever. But, here goes. I am super excited that so many people are using this, I am loving reading about all y'all. (Sorry, I guess people in Utah aren't allowed to say y'all...)

Quick update on me, I work from HOME now! Yippee! I have been self-employed, processing mortgages for the past two years, but just moved my office home 2 weeks ago and I am LOVING it. The puppy appreciates not having to stay in her kennel all day as well (Mountain Jane)

Jeffrey travels for work but when he's home he's having a lot of fun with his on-the-side job, promoting and doing book signings for his book (check it out at seeyououtthere.com) The photo on that website was just the beginning of his long hair and beard phase. It got a lot....bigger....from there. He definitely looked like a mountain man. Gratefully (on my part) he got called to be the mission prep teacher and had to shave it all off!

The picture of us is from right before we headed down the Grand Canyon in February... 3 days later when we climbed back out, we weren't quite so cute! It was 15 degrees that AM and there was snow on the trail for 3 miles - but it was a great trip. We went with my dad and Dave, my brother.

This picture of Jane is from an overnight backpacking trip to Blind Lake in the Boulder Mountains just a couple of weeks ago. We hit the lake right at ice off, which apparently is great for those of us who fish (not me).




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you Karen - really! Scruffy is so cute. I hope she is behaving better.